Ecorche done haha

This took more time than expected. I think I started it back in January because I added notes and stuff. It’s okay looking (big gluteus maximus due to large iliac). It’s not perfect, but by the end of the road I was looking more towards the goal than the journey.

Just have to wait two days and paint over muscles with some mod podge, then paint the base black to cover the clay below.

On to new projects.

Oh, and the eBay skeleton that I bought, it came with half female and male pelvics so I couldn’t put them together. All in all I have two partially incomplete skeletons but still make for good reference material.


Cleaning the skeleton with acetone…

Saved me a bunch of trouble. I couldn’t do it earlier because I was worried about removing the blue and red paint, but at this point (cleaning with isopropyl, cleaning with Goo Gone, trying to bleach and soak the bones twice to remove the residue etc) I was over my aversion to using acetone.

Residue completely and easily removed.

Also I’m trying to make a stand for it with a curtain rod I have from home and part of an inexpensive rolling chair.

It’s in the works.

I’m studying some old masters. Also attempting to learn more about oil painting.

Due to Covid-19 I haven’t received more clay to complete my ecorche yet.

Ecorche almost complete.

I am on part 10 of 11 vids.

It’s not perfect but it’s something.

Also still cleaning the skeleton I got from eBay.

The Goo Gone helped with the stickiness. It’s time for me to submerge the bones in bleach water. Just a bit of bleach and a good scrub.

The residue was still sticky so I’m leaving the bones in the tub overnight. Maybe that’ll help.

Bought a used skeleton off eBay.

It’s in pieces but it’s good quality. I’m going to clean it up and restore it.

Arrival of body parts.
The parts were really messy and sticky due to the melted ligaments, but either than that it wasn’t too damaged.
Melted ligaments everywhere.

I cleaned it up a bit with rubbing alcohol (removed all the ligaments) but it took a while and still had the sticky residue. Tomorrow I will get something to remove the residue.

Afterwards I worked on my ecorche.